Hi Ward 19,
So, meeting coming up again, while Ward 20 is setting their own agenda we will still meet at the same place & time to collaborate (and socialize!):
Monday, October 6th, 6:30pm
Victory Café, 581 Mirvish St. ( http://victorycafe.ca/ )
Please come out and join us, as the election approaches there's a lot happening! Some news and events of the past month:
- Harbord restriping in progress (I wrote a little critique of the Queens Park Ct. W intersection here: https://twitter.com/the416anthill/status/514846433133203456 )
- Richmond-Adelaide flexipost install
- Strachan / Lakeshore bicycle crossing signal activated (still with a cheap-out pushbutton installation 6' from the stop line)
- "Walk your Wheels" medallions appearing, even next to multi-use-paths (e.g. https://twitter.com/CycleW19/status/513001525942444032 )
- Bells on Bloor / Bikestock, biggest ever turnout on Danforth ride.
- Charlies Freewheels has confirmed for Oct 21st tune-up day at Trinity-Bellwoods. Need to mobilize bike donations!
Han Dong (MPP, Trinity-Spadina) has agreed to meet with representatives on Friday October 10th, 3:30pm.
- Who can go? We're invited to bring "a few". Should include Ward 20 people.
- What to discuss? Nothing too heavy for first meeting. Provincial #CycleON policy? Metrolinx?
- A little of his background - does not bike, as far as we know. http://news.ontario.ca/profiles/en/han-dong